Thursday, January 14, 2010

Time is flying...

In only a few short weeks. my husband will be leaving everything he knows and loves to fight in a war thousands of miles away. I don't know if it has truly hit me yet since I am going through everyday knowing he is coming home that night for dinner. I am wondering when/if it'll even hit me before he leaves. My house is a war zone of boxes and rubbermaid containers which is driving me bananas. We are eating on our couches since I sold our dining room table. I am thankful Shane has moved out of his only wanting daddy stage and hope it remains that way for the rest of Matt's time here. I don't want to have the image of ripping my son away from his father as he leaves. I think that's the hardest thing for me. I know I'll be fine, I understand he needs to go, but Shane won't. I don't want to be a "single" parent. I signed up for this, he was BORN into this. I just pray I am strong enough to be everything he needs while his daddy is off kicking the bad guys butts. I am going to give my all to being the best mother/temporary father that I can be. He deserves it and the last thing I want is for Matt to have to worry about either one of us. He needs to focus on the task at hand and coming home to us. Please pray for him and his family because the next few weeks are going to be hard on our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. we will all miss him, and pray that God keeps him safe. Remember
    I am there for you no matter what.

    Love always,
    Grampy (Matt,s Dad)

    ReplyDelete

Followers