Thursday, March 25, 2010

What If?





I'd like to start this with a disclaimer: I LOVE MY LIFE. No matter what you read in this blog, that needs to be very clearly stated.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot of "what if's". It started last Friday when my family and I took a trip into Boston on one of the first perfect days of spring. We parked by the public garden, walked down Newbury Street to Copley Plaza and the Pru then down Boylston. We happened to be in the city during rush hour when everyone was getting out of work and since the weather was fabulous, everyone seemed to be walking home. It made me wonder if that would have been me had I taken a different route in life. What if I HAD stayed here and finished college before getting married? What if I had applied to Northeastern as a transfer? Would I be like these young professionals with their iPods in their ears walking down one the streets of one of the best cities in the country?

It's probably not good for me to think like this because I don't live with regrets. I don't regret any of the choices I have made, it's just crazy to think how different my life would be if Matt hadn't joined the military or we hadn't gotten married when we did. Everyone has a path in life and I am 100% sure I was made to be with him and live this life. It's not for everyone. "God made the strongest women military wives".

Maybe it was just the gorgeous weather in the city that made me wonder. I should take a walk in the rain see if that changes my mind :).

Anyway, I want to stress that I am so happy in my choices. I am happy I married the man I love with all my heart and can't wait to grow old and gray with. I am happy I had my son young so I will be able to see him grow and see his children and maybe even my great-grandchildren. I am happy I am a military wife because it has taught me so many lessons in life already.

"This life doesn't get easier, you just get stronger"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers