Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Random about Me's!



1) Do you prefer taking a shower or a bath?

I'm sure most of my fellow mothers can agree that a bath is idealistic now a days. Every once in a while I enjoy a good bath, but showers leave more time in the day for other things.

2) What jewelry do you wear on a daily basis?

I always have my wedding rings and Tiffany's bracelet on. I carry Matt's dog tag on my keys so I rotate wearing his dog tag with other necklaces. As proud I am of him, it gets repetitive to answer everyone's questions when they see it.

3) Have you read any good books lately?

Just finished "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and working on "Three Cups of Tea." Both excellent reads! I am always looking for another good book, so your suggestions are welcome!

4) What’s the oldest item in your closet?

Well considering I just had to buy all new clothes last spring thanks to shedding the baby weight but not quite fitting into my teeny bopper clothes, I'd have to see my Reef sandals. They are 4 years old now! I think next summer I need to invest in a new pair.

5) What toppings do you put on your popcorn?

I don't eat popocorn so that's an easy one! Can't stand feeling it stuck in my teeth!

6) Does your house have stairs?

My parents house does yes, 2 actually. but the house we are looking at in TN won't. YAY for less baby proofing!

7) Are you a morning person or a night person?

Neither really. I enjoying doing things in the morning, working out, shopping, I feel more accomplished, but I enjoy my nights that are all to myself!

8) What’s the healthiest decision you made today?
Going to the gym! And my new eating plan! Counting calories was a lot scarier than I thought it would be! You really have no idea what you're consuming until you count servings and add those calories up! Makes you much more conscious of what goes in your mouth!

8. If you were a shoe, what shoe would you be and why?

I don't think I can really answer this one because I feel like I take on so many roles! The wife part of me wants to be a 4 inch red patent leather stiletto, the mom in me wants to be a pair of monkey slippers, the athlete in me wants to be a pair of running shoes.



9. What talent do you wish you had? Would you pursue learning or brushing up on that talent now?

I wish I was musically inclined. My husband is and I have this little fantasy of having a little family band!


10. What is your fondest childhood memory?

Summers on the Cape.


11. What is your favorite song? What lyrics strike you the most?


Okay this is the most unfair question ever, but as far as a classic, I'd go with "Don't Stop Believing" I am a big Journey junkie!

12. If you could go back in any period of time before you were born, where would you go, what would you do?
Roaring 20's, for sure. Right before the great depression hit. The Great Gatsby is one of my all time favorite books.


13. Who is your role model?
Another hard one. I'd have to say my fellow milspouses who are the definition of strong and dedicated to their marriages even while their spouse is halfway across the world.



14. Pick a scar. Tell us it's story.
On my arm. Bar fight. My first and some idiot was stealing our drinks and when someone said something to him, he swung at her, so I grabbed him and he threw a glass at me. Luckily he missed and I only got cut by a piece.




15. If you had no computer, tv, or phone for a whole day (YIKES!) what would you do with yourself?
Skip-Bo. Hubs and I were TV less for a couple weeks last year and we just played cards, read, and talked. It was actually really nice. He wants to not get a TV right away when he gets back so we can spend "genuine family time".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers