Wednesday, June 23, 2010

23 years young




Yesterday was my 23rd birthday. I have come to expect nothing grand or it being the "most special day of the year" anymore. I don't know if that's because of years of crappy birthdays or just getting old and realizing its not that big of a deal. This year's birthday consisted of homework, laundry, working out, and keeping my 14 month old busy. Pretty much an ordinary day besides our dinner out and a few gifts. Since Matt's been in the Army we've spent 2 of my birthday's together and NONE of his together. Last year I wouldn't even consider him being around because he had a 24 hour CQ shift and slept until 5 PM when we went to get dinner. So maybe I am a bit jaded over it all. But at least today I was surrounded by people that I love very much (minus the DH) and really that's what it should be about.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers