Saturday, June 26, 2010

Progress

So its been 2 full weeks since starting my C25K challenge and a week since I cut out all soda and caffeine from my diet. I must admit, giving up caffeine was something I wasn't at all looking forward to. I really love my coffee and Diet Pepsi. But it has been completely worth it. I feel a new kind of energy, not the up and down roller coaster of living off caffeine but an actual long lasting energy. My skin has cleared up a ton and I over all just feel great. I have noticed small changes in my body as well. I am hoping the further I get into the running program, the more inches I begin to lose. I have been drinking strictly water and eating (for the most part) very healthy with lots of lean proteins. R&R is right around the corner and I want to look my best for the hubs! I have already lost 15 lbs since he left and I'd really like to lose another 10 or so by the time he comes home.

I'll keep everyone updating on my progress!


2 comments:

  1. I am a new follower, and I'm so glad I found your blog!! I love finding other military spouses, AND I have been thinking about starting the couch to 5k program this Monday...but I'm SO SCARED! I've never been a runner...eek!

    I look forward to reading more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Kayla!

    I was an athlete in high school, but never long distance running. This program REALLY eases you into it. I did my first "long" jog yesterday which were three minutes and I did a lot better than I thought I would.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Followers