Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pumpkin Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

I have to give some credit to the fabulous Tearah at Always Onward for giving me the recipe (I tweaked it just a bit) for these fabulous cookies! I used my Kitchen Aid stand mixer to make these bad boys and for some reason they always come out a bit better than when I make anything stirring my hand...maybe its all in my head. So without further ado...

Pumpkin Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies


Ingredients
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup shortening or margarine (I used shortening because we didn’t have margarine)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
3 cup oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pumpkin
1 cup dried cranberries





Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Sift together your flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt in a small bowl. Set aside

Cream together your margarine, oil, brown sugar, white sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla until smooth.

Beat in eggs, one at a time. Then gradually mix in your sifted dry ingredients. Once your wet & dry are mixed well, stir in your oats. Mix well. Add your cranberries last.
KEY: Refrigerate dough for at least an hour before baking.

Spoon onto cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes & let cool on wire rack. Mine were done around 9 minutes.

1 comment:

Followers