Monday, May 10, 2010

Ocean Sized Love



This picture was taken last summer in July up at Ogunquit Beach in Maine. It was Shane's very first time at the beach and in the Atlantic Ocean. My dad captured these precious moments as the waves hit his little feet and he dug his toes into the sand for the first time. I have never felt so alive as I did when I was introducing my son to my favorite place in the world. I am never more at peace than I am when I am standing on the beach looking out and seeing nothing but water. I hope I can pass this love onto my son and any other additions to our family in the future. I know that whatever stress I have, I can leave it on the beach and the waves and tide will carry it far, far away me.

The ocean has a whole new meaning to me since I embarked on the journey of a military wife. It's what separates my husband and I. And yet I could never associate the ocean with anything negative. So instead I think of it this way: standing there on the edge of the water is the closest I can get to him at this point. And that, is what offers me just the slightest hint of comfort.

"I don't have to worry anymore
If I really need you I'll go to the shore
And the thought of you there is my protection"

Much love.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS.

    You became poetic all of a sudden, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers