Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sympathy

Lately I've been thinking a lot about the word sympathy. Mr. Webster defines sympathy as the act or capacity of entering into or sharing the feelings or interests of another. I don't ask for much in life and sympathy sure isn't one of them. There is a select group that can do what this word means and that is my fellow milspouse. Being away from a loved one is hard, period. But being away from your husband, your other half, the father to your child, and knowing that there are people out there who want to hurt him, now that is a feeling I can't even begin to describe. On top of that, knowing that he's missing all these major milestones in our son's life eats away at my heart. I do my very best to video tape everything he does and send those off in my packages but I know that it hurts him to. Being away from each other has been a true test of our commitment to our marriage, family, and our love.

I don't want sympathy from anyone. Sympathy means you know what I'm going through and honestly the majority doesn't. I'd just ask for patience and support. Help to keep me busy and my mind off the other side of the world.

So for those of you that have kept me sane, thank you. You don't know how much your friendship and support means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers